Disneyland c. 1960s
Follow for: Grunge | Models | Nudes & other stuff.
short explanations (this is all in photoshop btw)
- lines — i dont even do this part normally? usually my sketches are detailed/clean enough that i dont need to do lines but!! if i dont do lines then i have to do a complete paintover later which i was too lazy to do this time so. lines.
- values — i also dont do this but i hear talk its a Good thing to do (or i just continually check the values/contrast with a b/w gradient map which is also a thing i just started doing)
- put like 5 color adjustment layers on the values so when i overlay the colors it wont look boring as Heck
- flats!! and set them on overlay (i did more hue/sat adjusts because the good thing about digital painting is being able to cheat)
- make a new layer on top of everything (except lines) and start painting over everything real neat like. get distracted a lot.
- colored some of the lines here, esp the lighter parts, also redrew some of the lines (i’d been doing that throughout this whole thing though) and fiddled around and added details. basically i play around with it until it looks acceptable
- POST! (optional: hit publish and notice a Grave Error. fix and edit and thank a deity for the photoset option.)